- How We Collect Your Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Analytics and Advertising
- Information You Share With Third Parties
- International Cross-Border Data Transfer
- Your Choices and Rights
- How We Protect Your Information
- Do Not Track Disclosure
- How to Contact Us
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register for our Service, we ask that you provide us your contact information, such as name and email address. In addition, we request that you provide information, including health related information, about your child, including date of birth, gender, medical records, and health care provider notes and diagnosis, health background, health status, prescribed and over-the-counter medications, medical ID number, laboratory testing results, and insurance information.
- Questionnaire. To conduct our assessment, we will ask you to provide answers to questions regarding your child. For example, you may be asked questions such as whether your child plays make-believe when left alone.
- Video Content. You may elect to provide us video content of your child, which we view in order to help us assess your child’s cognitive development. We may store the video content and use it to provide and improve our Service, such as to for quality assurance efforts to enhance our scoring, correlation, and other modeling and data analysis activities, and provide training, reference materials, and demonstrations. We will not provide access to your video content to any third party other than our subcontractors who are subject to use and confidentiality restrictions.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we will receive additional information. For example, when you email our Customer Support Team or sign up to receive updates regarding new products or services, we will receive your email address, the contents of a message, and information you choose to provide.
- Health Care Providers. We will collect any information provided to us by your child’s health care provider(s) (upon receiving proper authorization from you).
Information We Collect When You Use our Service. As you use our Service, certain information may be collected through cookies, by navigating from page to page, or via third party tracking. This information induces:
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Service and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Service, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Service, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, and device identifiers.
- To operate, provide, maintain our Service.
- To understand and analyze usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, to train our scoring technicians, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To communicate with you, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, to provide information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Service such as presenting tailored content.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
We may use aggregate or de-identified information that does not identify an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law. For example, we may use aggregate or de-identified information to analyze usage patterns so that we can enhance our Service, and improve your experience.
- third party service providers and vendors who help us provide our Service, including scoring technicians, health plans and third-party payers, and technical support vendors.
- the US FDA and similar agencies in the US and other countries and the US Department of Health and Human Services, with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and other groups that review research studies to help protect people who join these studies.
- third parties to whom you ask us to send such information.
- a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (i) resolve disputes, investigate problems, or enforce our Terms of Service; (ii) comply with relevant laws or to respond to requests from law enforcement or other government officials relating to investigations or alleged illegal activity, in which case we can (and you authorize us to) disclose personal information without subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (iii) protect and defend our rights or property or the rights and property of you or third parties.
5. Analytics and Advertising We use third analytic vendors, including Google Analytics, to help analyze how users use our Service. These analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on the Service and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites. The information collected may include things like how often users visit our Service or what pages they view, and what other websites you visited. We use the information from Google Analytics to improve our Service. Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. We work with third party advertising partners, which also may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on the Service, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites.
7. International Cross-Border Data Transfer Our service is hosted in the United States, and we may transfer your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using our Service you consent to the transfer of your information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
9. How We Protect Your Information Your privacy is important to us and we take protecting it very seriously. Cognoa maintains physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. At the same time, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. Also note that the security of the data transmitted may be compromised by the use of jailbroken or rooted smart devices.
Date of last revision: May 10, 2018